COMMUNITY GROUP CREED
1. Worship God above all and obey His Word in order to be doers not just hearers.
James 1:22 – “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
2. Work to create an environment of trust through the practice of confidentiality, so we can be open and honest with both our struggles and victories.
1 John 1:7 – “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.”
3. Value one another during discussions by listening carefully to what is shared and be sensitive to the amount of time we talk.
James 1:19 – “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.”
4. Pray for non-believers and continually share the good news.
Matthew 28:19-20 – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
5. Pursue spiritual maturity by active participation in discussions and application of God’s word.
Hebrews 6:1 – “Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God.”
6. Prepare our hearts to multiply into new small groups as our numbers increase.
Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.”
7. As a Community Group, love and serve those who God puts in our lives.
Matthew 25:40 – “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’”
8. Not ask for money or lend money to others. Voluntary charity is encouraged.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 – “For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.”
9. Not promote businesses and merchandise trading.
1 Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.”
10. Not argue about politics but pray for our leaders.
Timothy 2:1-3 - "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior.”