REFLECTIONS FOR LIFE
Ministry of the Spirit
2 Corinthians Series: PERFECTION IN WEAKNESS
2 Corinthians 3:1-18
Pastor Joe Son
October 18, 2020
1. In what ways is the Holy Spirit at work in your life today?
2. What are some of things that hinder the working of the Holy Spirit in your life?
3. Is there something that you are putting more importance on rather than the Holy Spirit?
4. Are there ways you are still trying to go back to the old covenant system in your Spiritual life?
5. What are some of the things that you need to do or not do, in order for the Holy Spirit to work in your life?
In chapter 3 of 2nd Corinthians, Paul talks about the ministry of the Holy Spirit. And he does this by comparing and contrasting this new covenant of the Spirit, from the old covenant that was mediated by Moses. And Paul mentions three things in our passage. First, the Spirit gives life. While the old covenant made us see our sinfulness and our need for a savior, in the new covenant the Holy Spirit we are able to see that Jesus Christ is the savior that we need and we are able to have faith in him. Second, the Spirit gives freedom. In the old covenant we are condemned by the law of our sinfulness, but in the new covenant, the Spirit sets us free in Jesus Christ from the law of sin and death. Third, the Spirit transforms. The Holy Spirit in us, continuously transforms us into the image of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a reminder to the Corinthians and to us, that it is not about external things. It is about whether or not the Holy Spirit is in us, and whether or not the Holy Spirit is working in us. Its so easy for us to forget this, and to focus on outward things, and unessential unimportant things. May the Word of God through the working of the Holy Spirit speak to us and convict us today.
We pray that this exercise will strengthen your relationship with the Lord as you draw near with confidence.